This policy describes:
- How Melbourne Cosmetic Group will collect, hold and use your personal information.
- How this personal information will be used and disclosed to third parties.
- How you can access or update personal information with Melbourne Cosmetic Group, and
- If required, how you can make a complaint or enquiry relating to the use of your personal information, in connection with Melbourne Cosmetic Group.
The personal information we collect is treated in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 and the Australian Privacy Principles.
What personal information does Melbourne Cosmetic Group collect and hold?
We collect personal information from you in connection with your consultation and treatment with Melbourne Cosmetic Group. This information may include:
- Your full name, residential address, contact phone numbers, date of birth, email or other identification or verification information (electronic or otherwise);
- Additional information such as details Medicare Card, Pensioner Concession Card, or other government identifiers necessary to identify you.
- Other information we collect during the course of our relationship with you, including any inquiry or complaints made by you or on your behalf.
How does Melbourne Cosmetic Group use your personal information?
Melbourne Cosmetic Group collects and holds information for the purposes of:
- Allowing us to contact you about your treatment, and general support including responding to any enquiries or complaints you make to us.
- Managing your accounts with Melbourne Cosmetic Group such as sending you notices, statements or processing transactions or any debt collection activities where necessary.
- Enabling proper records to be held about you as a client/ patient of Melbourne Cosmetic Group, as required by law.
- Recalls and marketing, including promoting Melbourne Cosmetic Group products and services to you. You may opt out of receiving recalls and marketing at any time by contacting Melbourne Cosmetic Group at 249 Canterbury Road, Forest Hill VIC 3131, [email protected] or 1300 33 87 11
How does Melbourne Cosmetic Group protect your personal information?
- Personal information is held in paper (hard copy) or electronic format on our systems and may be stored physically or electronically.
- Your personal information is protected by physical, electronic, and policy safeguards.
- All Melbourne Cosmetic Group staff are required to complete procedural training on handling personal information.
- Melbourne Cosmetic Group will only retain your personal information for as long as it is necessary to satisfy any of the purposes for which it was obtained or to otherwise comply with law.
How does Melbourne Cosmetic Group share your personal information?
We may share and disclose information about you to third parties as required or permitted by law.
We may disclose your personal information to:
- debt collection agencies.
- fraud reporting agencies including organisations that assist with fraud investigation, prevention and detection.
- other third parties, where such disclosure is required, authorized, or compelled by law.
- other third parties, such as referral to other specialists, or transfer of notes, where you have given your consent or at your request.
How can you access or update personal information with Melbourne Cosmetic Group?
To access your personal information please contact Melbourne Cosmetic Group’s Privacy Officer on [email protected]. We will make every effort to provide you with your personal information unless otherwise required by law.
Requests for personal information can only be made by the individual for whom the information relates to. We will make every effort to identify that you are the correct individual.
Please note that we are entitled to refuse you access to your information under Australian Law in certain circumstances including where:
- Access would be unlawful.
- Denying access is required or authorised by or under an Australian law or a court/tribunal order; or
- Access would prejudice enforcement activities or the taking of appropriate action in relation to unlawful activity or serious misconduct.
If correction of your personal information is required, please contact the Melbourne Cosmetic Group Privacy Officer at [email protected].
We will make every practicable effort to ensure the personal information we hold is accurate and up to date.
How can you make a complaint or enquiry relating to the use of your personal information?
We are committed to adhering to the Australian Privacy Principles. Should you have an enquiry or wish to make a complaint about how we have accessed, used or disclosed your personal information, you are welcome to contact our Privacy Officer:
Melbourne Cosmetic Group Privacy Officer
Melbourne Cosmetic Group
Mail: 249 Canterbury Road, Forest Hill VIC, 3131
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 1300 33 87 11
We will make every practicable effort to respond to your enquiry within 7 days of receiving the enquiry or complaint. Further to this, we will endeavour to provide a successful resolution to all privacy related complaints within 21 days of our initial response. Should this not be possible, or unlawful to do so, we will contact you to advise you of the required resolution time. If you are not happy with the resolution of your complaint, you may take your complaint to:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
Phone: 1300 363 992
Email: [email protected]
This policy may change from time to time. Please visit our website regularly as we will post a notification on our website if we make any changes to this policy.